While living in Florence, Italy, I visited a terme (Sulfur Bath/Spa) per the recommendation of my photography professor, Annalisa. This magnificent place is called Rapolano Terme a couple hours by train from Florence. After spending the day soaking with the Italians and (following their lead) rubbing the creamy sulfur mixture in the water all over my skin, I left feeling and looking like a piece of chalk. I showered several times and could not restore any moisture to my skin. Once again I turned to the Italians and grabbed a bottle of the good stuff- olive oil. After suds-ing up and rinsing off at home, I applied the olive oil all over like lotion before rinsing off once more. My skin has never looked or felt so amazing. To try it at home, I recommend washing off with soap before loofahing with the olive oil. Don't be nervous if you still feel a little greasy after you've washed, when you towel off you will wipe any lingering water beads and oil off as well. This is a great tip to use after spending a day soaking up the sun (and chlorine). Be careful if you have naturally oily skin.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Silky Smooth Skin
While living in Florence, Italy, I visited a terme (Sulfur Bath/Spa) per the recommendation of my photography professor, Annalisa. This magnificent place is called Rapolano Terme a couple hours by train from Florence. After spending the day soaking with the Italians and (following their lead) rubbing the creamy sulfur mixture in the water all over my skin, I left feeling and looking like a piece of chalk. I showered several times and could not restore any moisture to my skin. Once again I turned to the Italians and grabbed a bottle of the good stuff- olive oil. After suds-ing up and rinsing off at home, I applied the olive oil all over like lotion before rinsing off once more. My skin has never looked or felt so amazing. To try it at home, I recommend washing off with soap before loofahing with the olive oil. Don't be nervous if you still feel a little greasy after you've washed, when you towel off you will wipe any lingering water beads and oil off as well. This is a great tip to use after spending a day soaking up the sun (and chlorine). Be careful if you have naturally oily skin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment