I made Sangria for the first time last week and it was delicious! I decided to make white sangria simply because my mother would murder me if I spilled red wine (which would end up happening). She refuses to take the plastic manufacturer's covers off of her new dining room chairs because she thinks I'll destroy them. Anyway, here is the recipe. I suggest doing it the night before. The taste is much more fruit-infused and doesn't require sugar.Courtney's Summery White Sangria (2 pitchers)
3 bottles of white wine
A 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale
3 limes sliced
2 lemons sliced
10 strawberries sliced
1 orange sliced
Mix the wine & ginger ale and begin adding the sliced fruit. When you are cutting off the butts (ends) of the fruit, squeeze the juice into the mix before tossing them out. Add the rest of the fruit and chill overnight. The fruit amounts are a minimum suggestion and apples, pineapple, peaches and cherries all would make great additions. The more fruit the better. To make red wine sangria, substitute the white wine for red. It's that simple - just be careful of your mom's furniture if that's the case! For a stronger drink, add a few shots of a fruit liquor like Absolut Peach. Tastes great & looks beautiful, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment